Connect eBay With Your Online Store: Step-by-Step Guide
How can I integrate my store with eBay? It is a common question among online sellers who want to bring a new sales channel into play. Their interest in multichannel selling is easily explained as it helps to expand eCommerce operations, increase revenue, and put products where potential customers prefer to shop.
How can I integrate my store with eBay?
It is a common question among online sellers who want to bring a new sales channel into play. Their interest in multichannel selling is easily explained as it helps to expand eCommerce operations, increase revenue, and put products where potential customers prefer to shop.
If you have ever wondered how to integrate your store with eBay, you are about to get your answer. The article uncovers the following aspects of integrating two sales channels:
- why it is worth bringing in a new sales channel
- what benefits you will get from the integration of your online store with eBay
- the best way to integrate an online store and eBay
How Does eBay Work for Sellers: Main Aspects to Consider
Selling products in your own online store is good, but selling them on eBay also is better. This marketplace is popular among sellers, thanks to the millions of customers, diverse product categories, and favorable pricing policy. Take a look at the most promising statistics of eBay that will win you over.
eBay has 182 million active buyers. When sellers place products on the marketplace, they have a chance of reaching all these people who are looking for items to buy. As they are ready to make a purchase, eBay conversion is higher than the one of online stores.
The number of sellers on eBay accounts for 25 million, and you automatically become one among many when you start selling there. Even though the competitiveness is massive, the chances of selling products are high. The high level of conversion is predetermined by the nature of the marketplace. Buyers are more inclined to purchase from a seller they do not trust a marketplace rather than in an online store they have no previous experience interacting with.
There is no wonder why eBay attracts merchants. The benefits of selling there are numerous. When you become an eBay seller, you automatically get access to the following advantages:
- you can sell products in a wide range of product categories
- you can use a set a price or auction price strategy
- access to millions of shoppers who can become your customers
The Benefits and Downsides of Multichannel Selling With eBay
A seller who considers working with two and more sales channels should be prepared for the difficulties that might arise. Below you can find a shortlist of downsides that can get in your way:
- You need to keep the information about products up-to-date on all channels. It implies hours spent on the manual update of product listings and synchronization.
- Inventory management is another problem that might scare sellers away. When they operate on multiple marketplaces, the complexity of this task multiplies.
- Overselling can not only spoil customer experience but also get you penalties from the marketplace you operate on. You have to address this issue too.
- Analyzing the results of your work is challenging as you need to gather data from different resources, structure and compare it.
At the same time, the benefits of multichannel selling are also great. In most cases, they override disadvantages:
- The more channels you utilize, the more touchpoints you have with your potential customers
- Buyers are more likely to purchase from a seller on a marketplace rather than from an individual merchant
- Marketplaces have billions of users, and you can easily reach them.
Fortunately, there are some solutions that can help you overcome the cons and enjoy the pros of multichannel eCommerce. And below you will learn about the best way to connect eBay with your online store.
How to Connect eBay With Your Online Store: Sellbery Integration
Manually transferring products listings from your online store to eBay or from eBay to your online store is not the best idea in regards to time efficiency. As your store grows, so does the time you have to spend on the task. That is why a multichannel listing software is a must in multichannel eCommerce.
There are a few features you need to pay attention to when choosing a solution for your store:
- fast synchronization and short synching intervals
- the ability to connect an unlimited number of channels
- reasonable prices
- integration with top eCommerce sales channels
You can find all of this and much more in Sellbery. Our platform is designed to simplify multichannel operations and save the time that sellers usually spend on various tasks. It is suitable for individual stores, medium businesses, and eCommerce enterprises.
Sellbery offers an easy way to connect eBay with your online store:
- Choose the plan that aligns with your business needs. You can start a free plan and later purchase a paid subscription, or go for a paid subscription right away.
- Register with Sellbery and create a new project.
- Set the connections between import and export points. You can create as many integrations as you need as Sellbery does not charge you for every sales channel you add.
- Connect eBay with your online store. The platform supports integration with Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and the most popular marketplaces.
- Select products you want to upload to new sales channels, create mapping rules, and choose the needed sync intervals.
If you encounter any problems or have questions about how to connect eBay with your online store, get in touch with the Sellbery team.
Was this news helpful?
Also Popular on Sellbery
Find out what you need to know about order management as an ecommerce store and increase conversions.
Dropshipping on Amazon may not be as easy as it seems, but it's not hard either. Once you have found the right products to sell, you’re going to make money.
Checking out the best selling items on Etsy will help you fine-tune your strategy and ensure more consistent income generation in the long run.
PIM (Product Information Management) is an eCommerce solution that collects, manages, enriches, and distributes your product data. Here's how to integrate it to your business.
Multichannel selling is the process of selling your products in multiple places online to reach as many potential customers as possible. It can seem like a simple form of selling, but there is a lot to learn about how it works.
Amazon or eBay – which choice makes more sense for your selling business? A thorough comparison of the platforms will help you find out.
Why Amazon lists restrictions for some products? What can be sold without approval? How to get a restricted category ungated? A detailed guide with answers to all these questions and more.
Should you be selling on Etsy or on eBay? To answer the question, check out the two platforms' pros & cons, compared side by side.