Connect eBay With Your Online Store: Step-by-Step Guide
How can I integrate my store with eBay? It is a common question among online sellers who want to bring a new sales channel into play. Their interest in multichannel selling is easily explained as it helps to expand eCommerce operations, increase revenue, and put products where potential customers prefer to shop.
How can I integrate my store with eBay?
It is a common question among online sellers who want to bring a new sales channel into play. Their interest in multichannel selling is easily explained as it helps to expand eCommerce operations, increase revenue, and put products where potential customers prefer to shop.
If you have ever wondered how to integrate your store with eBay, you are about to get your answer. The article uncovers the following aspects of integrating two sales channels:
- why it is worth bringing in a new sales channel
- what benefits you will get from the integration of your online store with eBay
- the best way to integrate an online store and eBay
How Does eBay Work for Sellers: Main Aspects to Consider
Selling products in your own online store is good, but selling them on eBay also is better. This marketplace is popular among sellers, thanks to the millions of customers, diverse product categories, and favorable pricing policy. Take a look at the most promising statistics of eBay that will win you over.
eBay has 182 million active buyers. When sellers place products on the marketplace, they have a chance of reaching all these people who are looking for items to buy. As they are ready to make a purchase, eBay conversion is higher than the one of online stores.
The number of sellers on eBay accounts for 25 million, and you automatically become one among many when you start selling there. Even though the competitiveness is massive, the chances of selling products are high. The high level of conversion is predetermined by the nature of the marketplace. Buyers are more inclined to purchase from a seller they do not trust a marketplace rather than in an online store they have no previous experience interacting with.
There is no wonder why eBay attracts merchants. The benefits of selling there are numerous. When you become an eBay seller, you automatically get access to the following advantages:
- you can sell products in a wide range of product categories
- you can use a set a price or auction price strategy
- access to millions of shoppers who can become your customers
The Benefits and Downsides of Multichannel Selling With eBay
A seller who considers working with two and more sales channels should be prepared for the difficulties that might arise. Below you can find a shortlist of downsides that can get in your way:
- You need to keep the information about products up-to-date on all channels. It implies hours spent on the manual update of product listings and synchronization.
- Inventory management is another problem that might scare sellers away. When they operate on multiple marketplaces, the complexity of this task multiplies.
- Overselling can not only spoil customer experience but also get you penalties from the marketplace you operate on. You have to address this issue too.
- Analyzing the results of your work is challenging as you need to gather data from different resources, structure and compare it.
At the same time, the benefits of multichannel selling are also great. In most cases, they override disadvantages:
- The more channels you utilize, the more touchpoints you have with your potential customers
- Buyers are more likely to purchase from a seller on a marketplace rather than from an individual merchant
- Marketplaces have billions of users, and you can easily reach them.
Fortunately, there are some solutions that can help you overcome the cons and enjoy the pros of multichannel eCommerce. And below you will learn about the best way to connect eBay with your online store.
How to Connect eBay With Your Online Store: Sellbery Integration
Manually transferring products listings from your online store to eBay or from eBay to your online store is not the best idea in regards to time efficiency. As your store grows, so does the time you have to spend on the task. That is why a multichannel listing software is a must in multichannel eCommerce.
There are a few features you need to pay attention to when choosing a solution for your store:
- fast synchronization and short synching intervals
- the ability to connect an unlimited number of channels
- reasonable prices
- integration with top eCommerce sales channels
You can find all of this and much more in Sellbery. Our platform is designed to simplify multichannel operations and save the time that sellers usually spend on various tasks. It is suitable for individual stores, medium businesses, and eCommerce enterprises.
Sellbery offers an easy way to connect eBay with your online store:
- Choose the plan that aligns with your business needs. You can start a free plan and later purchase a paid subscription, or go for a paid subscription right away.
- Register with Sellbery and create a new project.
- Set the connections between import and export points. You can create as many integrations as you need as Sellbery does not charge you for every sales channel you add.
- Connect eBay with your online store. The platform supports integration with Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and the most popular marketplaces.
- Select products you want to upload to new sales channels, create mapping rules, and choose the needed sync intervals.
If you encounter any problems or have questions about how to connect eBay with your online store, get in touch with the Sellbery team.
Was this news helpful?
Also Popular on Sellbery
In our digital day and age, when shopping online is more of a routine than a thing of wonder, opening your own online store seems like a great idea. Indeed, thousands of new sellers start their businesses every day and many of them succeed. In this article, we will look into the steps that you need to follow through to turn your business idea into reality.
Shopify is the most recognized name in the market of eCommerce software solutions. The number of its sellers have surpassed 833,000 and there is no sign that the growth will slow down in the near future. Shopify often becomes a starting point for newbie online sellers thanks to its ease of use and reasonable prices.
Amazon is an online marketplace with the world's largest competition. Today, more than 2 million merchants generate 40% of all Amazon sales. More than 100 thousand of them have a turnover of no less than six-digit sum each year. Impressive and scary to start!
With Amazon and eBay leading the game of eCommerce, sellers are wondering why to move beyond these marketplaces.
With hundreds of marketplaces out there, it is quite challenging to choose the one that will align with your business goals. Etsy is unlike many marketplaces as it is designed for handmade goods and vintage things.
How to survive the COVID-19 pandemic if your business is non-essential? The answer is switching to multichannel selling. You have everything you need to save your business and bring it to a new level of development!
The coronavirus pandemic is changing our world in front of our eyes like the plague or "Spanish flu". Note that this is the first pandemic in the truly technological world. And now we see how Coronavirus accelerates the transition of humankind to new technologies.
Amazon has been holding the position of the largest retail online marketplace for several years now. With more than a billion monthly visitors and hundreds of billions of dollars in revenue, this retail giant does not stop looking for new ways to make a profit.
Marketplaces shape the state of the modern e-commerce market. For many e-commerce owners, they have become an integral part of business expansion and multichannel strategy. It makes a lot of sense today to become a multichannel seller with all online shopping occurring on online marketplaces.
Starting your eCommerce business from scratch is never a walk in the park. For starters, you will need to know the ground rules to ensure that your business doesn’t crash and burn during your first months.