Nowadays, as online shopping has become the preferred choice for the consumers, businesses are faced with the question: what is the best way to set up online commerce across multiple sales channels with the lowest cost?
It is a complex question with many additional challenges to consider. However, there are hundreds of options available that can effectively solve this problem. If you have a site on WordPress — you’re halfway there! You have at least one powerful sales tool in your hands, and you can link it to major marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, and Etsy.
Brands with multichannel platforms, sales grow on average by 9.5% per year. That’s a significant figure when compared to standard brand development. Customer loyalty increases by 91% — as customers find it more convenient to buy items from different platforms, especially through large marketplaces.
It is essential to use suitable tools and apply a multichannel strategy as effectively as possible. Such as the Sellbery platform.
Stay at home and sell with Sellbery for FREE!
COVID-19 crisis significantly affects many retailers and online sellers. That’s why Sellbery decided to help businesses and offer our services free of charge through July 1. Get any plan for free and start selling multichannel.
Why WooCommerce Stores Should Also Sell on eBay
WooCommerce is a plugin that turns any WordPress site into an online store. It is free to add and contains everything you need to jump right into eCommerce.
What’s eBay? It’s the largest online auction site in the world. A seller can create an account for free and offer their products worldwide with a relatively low commission.
WooCommerce stores should also sell on eBay and other websites, since this method can have many advantages, specifically:
- On eBay alone, the potential audience is more than 180 million active customers. In this marketplace, you can reach an audience that otherwise wouldn’t be accessible.
- A business does not need to invest in advertising on a large scale to promote its site. This significantly lowers costs because there is no need to build trust in the brand. Moreover, the price of SEO can be relatively cheap and provide long-term results.
- Multichannel selling allows a business to make a profit in the case of potential crises (thanks to additional sources of income).
- Setting up a business on eBay is quite accessible. In one of our articles, we offer a complete guide on how to become a successful online auctioneer.
- With eBay, you can sell your products in many countries. Although keep in mind that the majority of the audience is in North America.
- You can offer discounts on delivery. For example, you can add a discount on shipping when a buyer purchases many items or chooses a carrier-specific way. Discounts can also be a promotional tool.
- eBay handles unfair claims and unpaid items. Unpaid Item Assistant is a tool to deal with buyers who have not paid for an item. There are also options for Immediate Payment, Invoices Immediately, Second Chance Offers, Relisting. In short, an online auction can reduce losses from unscrupulous buyers.
How to import WooCommerce products to eBay and vice versa
You can import WooCommerce items to eBay and vice versa in two ways:
- With special tools such as Sellbery
The first method is not suitable for everyone. Just imagine that you have to transfer the entire catalogue of products to the marketplace manually! At the same time, you have to specify not only the names of products but their characteristics, availability in the warehouse and many other details. Besides, in the future, you will need to create new listings, synchronize them, set individual prices, delivery rules, update product availability and other nuances. And each time, while working with the store.
Technically, you could do this — but it takes a lot of time and effort.
By using the second method, and with the help of special tools, you can greatly simplify the process. You can import your products in bulk from one site to another directly. Plus, the available tools can offer additional benefits:
- Import and export products with all the detail (title, price, images, description, characteristics, SKU, discounts, etc.).
- Orders/inventory synchronization
- Product awareness
- Product advertising
- Sales analytics across channels
You do not need to specify it all on each site individually. What’s more, you can set up multiple stores on one or more marketplaces.
Sellbery offers a variety of convenient tools for small and medium businesses, such as:
- Product Feed Management: automation with synchronization of listings and data updates and optimization for the right sites
- Order & Inventory Management: synchronization of orders, inventory control, order verification and delivery
- eCommerce Analytics: visualization and analysis of all online business data
- Smart Shopping Campaigns: cost-free advertising campaigns in Google Ads
How can I import eBay Items to Woocommerce?
With specialized tools, you can integrate the WooCommerce store with eBay and other sites. For beginners, this is entirely free. Additionally, multichannel platforms (such as Sellbery) make it possible to:
- Import products on WooCommerce from an Excel sheet for free (one tariff plan allows you to import at least a dozen sites for sales).
- List WooCommerce variation products on eBay
- Import products to the WooCommerce website automatically
- Import products from the eBay marketplace automatically
You need to register on the multichannel platform, identify integration points (WooCommerce — eBay or vice versa) and install the products to be listed. By following this concept, almost all the integration of the trading platforms are being carried out.
How to Add Products from WooCommerce to eBay?
The best eBay listings give shoppers as much information as possible. So when choosing products to list, you need to fill out as many of the specifications you can. That is another reason why you need to manage multiple sales channels through special tools. Platforms like Sellbery simplify a seller’s life significantly.
In a listing, it is recommended that you specify details such as:
- Colour of your product
- Size and other restrictions
- Category and subcategory, etc.
Specialized tools will convert all configurations, specifications, and details from WooCommerce to an eBay format. Once you set up the rules by which the information should be converted, then the process runs automatically.
Get Started with the WooCommerce — eBay sync.
So how do you set up a WooCommerce website and connect it to eBay? Now, with Sellbery, the WooCommerce and eBay integration process is simplified. It only takes 6 steps:
Choose any plan for free!
Many businesses are affected because of the COVID-19 pandemic now. Sellbery wants to help sellers overcome the crisis and a large drop in sales. Therefore, from now and till July 1, all Sellbery plans become free! Start selling on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Walmart, and 10+ sales channels without paying any cent.
Step #1. Choose a Sellbery plan. You need to determine the size of your business (in SKU units). The feature set is the same for all company sizes: the individual entrepreneur and the industrial giant will receive an unlimited number of channels, processed orders, inventory, order synchronization and so on.
The difference is that the giant will get a personal manager due to the size of their business and can work with over 15000 SKUs. For all company sizes, bulk upload of products to WooCommerce from eBay is completely free.
Step #2. Register on the Sellbery website. It only requires a valid email address or Google/Facebook account. Detailed instructions are available on our website.
Step #3. If you don’t have an eBay account yet, register one.
Step #4. Select an import and export point on the Sellbery platform. You can import products from WooCommerce to eBay and vice versa. Draw a line between them — and it’s done! You have created a “Project” — the integration of your website with the auction.
Step #5. Every time you log in to your Sellbery account, you will be directed to your working Dashboard. Open your project, and double-click on both integration elements to open the settings section. Configure which products/listings you want to export to another platform. Use the Sellbery guide to sync the eBay store categories with WooCommerce.
Step #6. The mapping process is where you create rules so Sellbery can convert and export data from one platform to another. The Advanced Tips > Mapping Guide section inside Sellbery will help you do this. You only need to do this once to automate the WooCommerce eBay sync completely.
You need some time to set up the WooCommerce eBay integration, but the result is worth your efforts. Each new channel helps to expand your markets and create new contact points with your customers. Sellbery is here to help. We make your multichannel effortless and efficient.
All Sellbery plans are FREE now and until July 1st! It means you can start selling on the most popular marketplaces today and without paying a penny. JUST DO IT — GO MULTICHANNEL.