Sellbery is a multichannel listing platform designed to automate and optimize data synchronization between various eCommerce platforms, online marketplaces, shopping engines and even social media such as Facebook.
Sellbery serves to connect your products to the most visited marketplaces or shopping engines. In the process of data export, Sellbery converts the product data to the format required by the target channel. After that, Sellbery keeps your listings updated across multiple platforms automatically.
Sellbery also delivers orders from different channels into the original platform via an automated, scalable inventory system that is linked directly to your web store.
To create your Sellbery account, go to https://app.sellbery.com/signup page. Fill in your email address, full name and password information, accept the Terms & Conditions of Sellbery and click the “Try free plan” button. You may also sign up using your Google or Facebook account.
Go to your mailbox and open the account verification email sent by Sellbery. Click “Verify” to confirm your email address. Now you can login to your Sellbery account at https://app.sellbery.com/.
Upon your first login, Sellbery prompts you to create your first project. First, choose the Import Point – the system from which your products will be imported to Sellbery, and press “Continue”.
Then, choose the Export Point – the system to which your products will be uploaded from Sellbery. Press “Continue”.
See the visual presentation of the connection you have created and learn what features Sellbery offers for this connection. Then press “Continue”.
Fill in the contact information requested by the system and press “Finish”.
Congratulations! Now your first project on Sellbery has been created and you are redirected to the Dashboard where you can manage your projects, create new projects and access various sections of your Sellbery account to control the settings and activities.
Open your project on the Dashboard of Sellbery. You can see that the components you have selected are not connected to Sellbery yet.
Double-click on each component to access its Settings page and follow the instructions on that page to connect the component to Sellbery. The connection is done via API. Make sure that you have an account with each of the selected systems prior to connecting this system to Sellbery.
Once you have both of the components connected, you can start the Product Sync process on Sellbery. Please switch to Step 2 of the Product Import/Export Process section in this guide for further instructions.
Once you sign in, you are redirected to your personal Dashboard.
The Sellbery Dashboard contains 6 tabs:
Use this tab to create an unlimited number of projects for differentiation of the channels that you use in Sellbery and connections between these channels.
This tab provides the possibility to buy additional services offered by the Sellbery team. Specifically, the Channel Setup option is available on this tab. This is a service of the channel configuration provided by the Sellbery specialists, meaning that we will configure the connection for the specified pair of components and setup the mapping rules to make sure that all products are uploaded and synchronized properly.
This tab allows changing your profile data – name, email address and password. This tab also allows selecting the time interval for Monitoring Orders & Products, during which the analytics data about your sales will be collected by Sellbery.
This tab allows access to your Billing data. You may see your current subscription plan and update it, or cancel your subscription, if necessary. Also, you may check and update your billing and address information required for processing payment correctly.
This tab shows the statistic data about connections, products imported/exported, and orders synchronized through Sellbery within the specified period of time. This tool is quite useful for monitoring the number of items sold on all platforms connected to Sellbery and compare the level of revenue for each platform.
- Audit Log
This tab shows the information about all activities performed in your Sellbery account in chronological order. This table shows the date and time of all logins, the IP address from which connection was established, the country to which this IP belongs, the actions that were done in the account and the changes that have been made.
- Go to your Dashboard on Sellbery and switch to the Projects tab. Open the existing project or click “Create a new project”. If you create a new project, choose your Import Point and your Export Point that will be used in this project, then draw a line to link these components to each other. Double-click on each component to open the Settings section and follow the instructions inside to connect each component to Sellbery.
- Once both of the components have been connected, open the Import Point settings and choose the most suitable values for the “Download Strategy” and “Download options” fields.
Note that “Product Sync” settings become available as soon as all the steps described on this page have been completed.
- Switch to the Products section on the Import point and click “Download Products”. The products will be downloaded according to the options that you have selected on the Settings page: all products, only products from the specified category, published/unpublished products, etc.
- Once all products have been downloaded, you can see them at the Products section in the Import Point on Sellbery. Choose the products that you want to be exported and click “Push” to send these products into the Export Point component on Sellbery.
- Switch to the Export Point component using the button at the top of your screen.
- Go to the Mapping tab and create the necessary mapping rules. The mapping rules are required for Sellbery to properly convert the product data received from the Import point system into the format of the Export point system and, therefore, transfer the corresponding information correctly. You may learn more about the mapping rules in the Advanced Tips > Mapping guide.
- Once all the required mapping rules have been created, go to the Products tab on the Export point and select the products you wish to export. Click “Upload” to send the selected products to your account with the Export point system.
- Once your products have been uploaded successfully they become available on the Export point system. Now, the product upload process on Sellbery is finished.
The Product Sync configuration is located in the Import Point settings and becomes available as soon as the configuration of the Export point on Sellbery is complete.
Enable the “Process Products Automatically” option if you want the product data to be updated automatically by the selected schedule (starting with 15 min through 24 hours).
Set the Product Download Interval according to your requirements. Note that the product download is not immediate, it’s a process that may take some time depending on the number of products to be synced, so the interval should be reasonable.
Select the Type of Sync option that will define the method by which your products will be updated according to the specified schedule:
Only products uploaded by your originally means that only the products that you previously imported to Sellbery will be synced.
All products means that all products existing in the Import point system, including the new ones that may have been added during the product sync interval, will be synced.
Sellbery provides a possibility of order synchronization for more convenient management of the orders made on different eCommerce platforms and marketplaces. When Order Sync is enabled, the orders made on the Export point are collected by Sellbery and sent to the Import point where they can be processed by the seller.
The following information is transferred from the Export point to the Import point by Sellbery when Order Sync is enabled:
- Product identifiers and their quantity
- Billing information of the buyer
- Shipping addresses provided by the buyer
Sellbery provides a possibility of automatic order synchronization based on the schedule selected by the user. The interval for the order sync starts with 15 minutes through 24 hours. As soon as the process is configured, it works automatically and does not require any further action from a user.
The Order Sync configuration in Sellbery requires the following information to be provided:
- Default Shipping Address – basic seller’s information, such as Name, VAT number (for the EU-based users), Country, Zip Code, City, Region, Address, Phone number, and Company name.
- Payment and Shipping methods that will be used, the system to which the orders are to be sent and the required order status (in case the orders with some specific status should be synced only).
- The Order Sync interval must be sent for automatic order synchronization. You may choose any interval between 15 minutes and 24 hours.
- Invoice Settings are required if you want an invoice for the order to be created in the Import point, too.
The Sellbery App includes full business analytics that allows you to calculate and compare the sales results in all of your platforms. All orders and products sold in your Export Points are calculated and presented in a convenient graph.
On the graph, you can stack different projects up against each other. Or you can compare how well sales go in each component within some project.
This graph can help you discover which of the channels work best for selling your items.
If you work with different currencies you can choose which one to display from the drop-down menu. This information is collected from your Export Points.
Sellbery allows comparing up to 7 elements on the graph together. Available time periods are from 30 to 1 day. So, you can track current results and contrast them with the previous period.
The Sellbery analytics includes some of the most important eCommerce metrics:
- Revenue — the total amount of money received during the selected time period.
- Orders — the total number of orders received during the selected time period.
- Items per order — the average number of items ordered by each customer during the selected time period.
- Avg. order value — the average amount of money spent by each customer during the selected time period.
There is also the Top 10 Products chart that shows which items bring you the most revenue and which of them are your bestsellers.
To be able to see the information about your products in Analytics, you must upload these products through Sellbery successfully. Analytics will only display the information about the products that exist in your Dataset.
Overall, Sellbery analytics can help you to monitor the sales process. This tool is good for calculating whether or not selling through a certain platform or a marketplace is beneficial.
The Mapping section in the Export point configuration is only activated after the products have been pushed to the Export point.
Mapping is the process of creating rules for transferring product data from the Import system (ex. your website) to the Export system (ex. the marketplace or another website) using Sellbery. This also ensures the successful data synchronization between systems in the future. Mapping is done inside Sellbery with the help of the Mapping Rules that have to be created manually. Every Export point (target eCommerce system or marketplace) requires specific product information to be provided, which is done with a set of mandatory attributes, such as name, price, description, image, UPC code, etc. These attributes are marked as “Required” and must be mapped to the corresponding attributes of the Import point in the first place.
The list of the attributes of the Import point on the left side is formed based on the data of the products that have been pushed from the Import point. These attributes must be mapped to the corresponding fields of the Export point listed on the right side.
The fields in the Mapping section may have one of the following tags:
- Required: mandatory attributes that must be mapped for the target system to accept the products successfully.
- Preferred: non-mandatory but advisable attributes that should be mapped as they may affect the product output on the target system side.
- Variant: the attributes that affect the output of product variations on the target system side (e.g. “t-shirt sizes & colors”).
As soon as all of the “Required” attributes have been mapped, the products can be uploaded to the target system. The other attributes are optional, which means that the seller decides whether or not those attributes need to be mapped and exported to the target system. However, remember that the target system may not accept the products if it considers that there is not enough information about those products provided by the seller. In that case, the target system will return error reports in which the reasons for disapproval will be indicated so that the seller could eliminate those errors before uploading their products again.
Mapping will never become a significant issue if you mind the rules and follow the video guide in which you can find some additional information for proper mapping configuration.
Dataset is an automated tool that records all the products uploaded through Sellbery.
Open the Dataset tab in your project to see the list of products that you have uploaded to an eCommerce system or a marketplace.
This table contains the basic information about products that have been synced and helps to filter and search products quickly using the product identifiers.
The Dataset table is very important for the product export process. Many of the integrated systems require a precise definition of whether the product needs to be “created” or “updated” because they cannot re-create already existing products (whether or not the product exists is determined by its SKU) or update non-existing products. The record in the Dataset is created at the time of the first successful upload of each product. This record indicates whether the product has been uploaded before or is being uploaded for the first time, i.e. whether this product needs to be created or updated using the corresponding API methods.
Dataset also works as a relevant guide for order synchronization between Import and Export Points. Note that Order Sync and Product Sync only work for the products that have been uploaded through Sellbery, i.e. are present in the Dataset. So, if any products are removed from the Dataset, neither Product Sync nor Order sync will work for such products until they have been uploaded through Sellbery again.
After completion of the product upload process, the reports are created in the Export point component in Sellbery. The reports are text and graphic representation of the quantity of successfully uploaded products (the blue column) and the quantity of errors (the red column) within the specified time unit. The chart has two display modes – hourly and daily. A click on the red column opens a table with the list and description of the errors returned by the target system to which the products have been uploaded. The errors are related to specific SKUs and usually indicate that incorrect data has been received and declined by the target system. Analysis of the error helps to understand what exactly needs to be corrected. It is necessary to change the Mapping Rules or update the information in the Import point system, then repeat the process of the transfer of the products to the Export point.
The text of the error is provided by the Export point API. Some systems provide detailed reports (e.g. Amazon), the others often give short and unclear information (like eBay). If it is unclear what needs to be done, try uploading the products again without making any changes. If it works, it is possible that the errors were caused by the high load on the servers of the target system at the moment of the original product export.
The Audit Log section of the Dashboard shows the information about all activities performed in your Sellbery account in chronological order. This table shows the date and time of all logins, the IP address from which connection was established, the country to which this IP belongs, the actions that were done in the account and the changes that have been made.
The information is presented in an easy-to-read chart and can be filtered for more convenience.
Check out the video below to learn more about using the Audit Log.
Sellbery supports two authentication methods that can be used to connect Sellbery to your account with the corresponding eCommerce system or marketplace:
- Connect with credentials (Full Connect) requires API credentials of the corresponding eCommerce system or marketplace to be filled in on Sellbery.
- OAuth (Connect via User) requires you to login to your account with the corresponding eCommerce system or marketplace and allow Sellbery application access to your account.
You will not be able to use the features of Sellbery if your components are not connected to the corresponding systems via API.
You may find the detailed instructions for connecting each of the integrated channels in the Supported Channels section.
If any errors occur in your Sellbery account while connecting your components to Sellbery, please follow the steps provided below:
- Make sure that your API credentials are valid and have been entered correctly (no extra spaces allowed).
- Check the username and password for spelling mistakes.
- Make sure that your website URL and port number are correct.
- Ensure that your account with the system you are trying to connect to is active and has the appropriate permissions configured for connection via API.
- If all the information is correct but the error persists, please contact our support team by firstname.lastname@example.org email and report the issue.
There are several common issues that may occur in relation to Order Sync. However, these issues can be easily resolved with the help of the information provided below.
- Orders are not synced
All the products uploaded through Sellbery are recorded in the Dataset. However, your account on the marketplace may contain some other products – those that were created manually on the marketplace or uploaded there with the help of some third-party tools. Order Sync only works for the products exported through Sellbery! The orders made for other products that are present in your account on the marketplace but not present in the Dataset of Sellbery will not be synchronized.
The solution for this issue will be uploading the affected products to the marketplace through Sellbery and ensuring that their records are stored in the Dataset.
- Missing product errors
If a product has been uploaded to a marketplace through Sellbery but then removed from the Import point or the Dataset of Sellbery, an attempt to sync an order made for such a product will lead to an error. To avoid this issue, make sure that you remove the product from both the Export point system and Sellbery (the record in the Dataset and the product record in the Import or Export point).
- Invalid product info errors
If you change any of the product information in the Import point system, you should re-upload this product through Sellbery to the Export point to make sure that the updated information is applied. Otherwise, if the same product has different data on the Import and Export point, this may result in synchronization errors.
You have completed all the steps and uploaded your products, but they are not showing on the target eCommerce system or marketplace? This may happen if the target system has rejected your products for some reason. The most efficient way to resolve the issue would be checking the error reports returned by the Export point API and eliminating the cause of the error.
Go to the Reports tab in the Export point component on Sellbery. The Reports show the number of successfully uploaded products in the blue bar and the number of failed uploads in the red bar. Click on the number in the red bar to open a detailed error report.
The error is shown for each product SKU individually. Read the text of the error carefully to determine the reason for each product being rejected. Based on this information, make the changes required to eliminate the error. Most of the common errors are caused by missing values for the attributes that have been mapped, zero product quantity, incorrectly configured mapping rules, especially those for product variations.
If you are having problems understanding the meaning of the errors in the reports, you may ask our support team for assistance by email email@example.com.
If you experience any kind of issue using Sellbery, please do not hesitate to contact us using the Live Chat option on our site or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.